experiences that might bring you to Shadow:
- Eating and Body Image Distortions
- Self-sabotage and Self-Esteem
- Personal Crisis or Life Transitions
- PTSD, Trauma and Stressor-related experiences
- Spiritual Development
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
step 1: contact Shadow
Contact Shadow to schedule a 20-minute conversation so that you can ask her questions and make sure she is the right match for you.
step 2: schedule an intake session (60- or 90-minutes)
During the first session, Shadow will get to know you! She wants to know your stories, traumas, experiences, interests, and stressors. Contact Shadow so that she can send you initial paperwork and schedule this appointment first. From the forms you complete and the intake session, Shadow and you will determine:
- What are the top 2-3 areas of your life you’d like to address now
- What makes you feel stuck
- At what pace do you want go in order for you to learn psycho-energetic tools that will work in your life
- How you want your life to look differently in 6 months-1 year
step 3: commit to a schedule
If you are interested in a one-and-done or short-term therapy, this may not be the place for you. We are committed to longer-term therapy that addresses deep-seated emotional beliefs, long-standing thought habits, and often family- or trauma-influenced behavioral patterns.
Aiming for once per week is most beneficial depending on how many helpers who make you feel honored and inspired you already have in your life.
step 4: be accountable
Together, you and Shadow will powerfully examine your focus areas, discuss your growing edge and flesh-out all nuances of participating in the life you want to live. This therapy is impactful when you observe, surrender and try on new ways of experiencing yourself and others between appointments.
Find or follow Shadow on Facebook: S.M. Backus, LLC and Shadow Backus
Find or follow Shadow on Instagram: shadowbackusllc.