Where are you now and where do you want to be? How will your life be different after you enter therapy? How willing are you to change?
When you work with Shadow, she will get to know you and then help you identify practices, behaviors and thoughts that will be helpful in reaching your goals. It is suggested that if you are able to schedule weekly sessions for 6 weeks, then every other week after this to begin your transformation/transmutation, you will be setting yourself up for success.
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
step 1: Know that you want assistance and support
in living your best life.
experiences that might bring you to Shadow:
- Eating and Body Image Distortions
- Self-sabotage and Self-Esteem
- Personal Crisis or Life Transitions
- PTSD, Trauma and Stressor-related experiences
- Spiritual Development
step 2: Schedule an Intake session (50 or 80 minutes)
In this session, Shadow will get to know you! She wants to know your stories, traumas, experiences, interests, stressors. Contact Shadow so that she can send you initial paperwork and schedule this appointment first. From the forms you complete and the intake session, Shadow will determine:
- What are the most important areas of your life you’d like to address
- What makes you feel stuck
- How to speak to your psycho-energetic system in order to teach you specific tools that will work in your life
- How ready, willing, able and coachable you are
- How committed you are to be open to change
step 3: Commit to a Schedule
If you are interested in a one-and-done short-term therapy, this may not be the place for you. We are committed to longer-term therapy that addresses deep-seated emotional beliefs, long-standing thought habits, and often family- or trauma-influenced behavioral patterns. This therapy is impactful when you observe, surrender and try on new ways of experiencing yourself and others between appointments.
step 4: Be Accountable
Together, you and Shadow will powerfully examine your focus areas, discuss your growing edge and flesh-out all nuances of participating in the life you want to live. (Yes, you will succeed in your goals and will want to take on more!)